After all of the hard work and stress, the big day is almost here, and you can’t wait to move into your dream home. We’ve made a list of the most important things you need to do before you move to make the process go more smoothly. Being ready is indeed a blessing.
Here are the Tips on how to plan a move into your dream home:
- Take measurements: Make sure you measure each room in your new house and compare them to the rooms in your old house. This will help you decide if the furniture you already have will fit in your new home. Also, make sure that all of your big and bulky furniture can fit through the door of your new home. If not, you’d have to figure out how to get them through balconies.
- Start packing: To make the best use of your time, start packing early. Wrap each item well with enough layers of wrapping paper, bubble wrap, or clothes, if possible. To keep things from breaking, put the heavier things on the bottom and the lighter things on top. Get as many things as you can into each box to reduce how many boxes you need. Make sure you put things in different groups, like clothes, utensils, valuables, kitchenware, appliances, and other things. Put these in cartons and boxes with clear labels so that unpacking won’t be a mess.
- Keep your valuables and important documents safe: Keep your jewelry, passport, birth certificate, and other valuables and important documents in a separate folder or box. On a moving day, make sure to keep this box with your important things with you.
Change the locks: As a safety measure, you should always change the locks on the outside of your new home. The people who lived there before may have made extra copies of their keys and given them to family, friends, and neighbors.
- Change of address: Now that you’ve finished packing and are getting ready to move to a new place, make sure the people who matter know about your new address. You also need to get your license, passport, and any other important documents updated with your new address. There are a lot of people and groups who need you to give them your new address. Some of these might be:
- Family and friends
- Company for gas, water, and electricity
- Communications and cell phone company
- Satellite/Cable operator
Disclaimer: The opinions shown above are mainly for informational reasons and are based on market research. Deal Acres is not responsible for any actions made as a result of relying on the provided material and makes no representations as to its accuracy, completeness, or reliability.